Taxi for Uber? Brutal smackdowns, thrown shade, dripping sarcasm and even Shakespeare. It’s a fun read
A tribunal ruled in favour of two Uber drivers in a dispute with the cab company today , in a ruling that could result in thousands of workers being entitled to full workers’ rights.
And it’s almost as if the author of the judgement knew a lot of people would read it – because some of the language in the document is pretty colourful.
Shade is thrown, sarcasm is apparent – and it even quotes Hamlet at one point.
Here’s the five sickest burns from the Uber judgement.
1. When finished this argument with an epic Shakespeare smackdown
2. And just in case you didn’t get the reference, it’s in the footnotes
3. When they were having absolutely none of this nonsense
4. When they also quoted Milton, because why not?
5. When they explained why they didn’t think Uber is a ‘technology company’
6. And finally when they called Uber’s argument that drivers were running their own businesses ‘faintly ridiculous’
If you’d like to read the whole thing, you can download it here.
Source Credit : MIRROR